Tsum Valley Trek - 13 Days
Know before you go
- Duration 13 Days
- Difficulty Level Strenuous
- Trip Start and End Macha Khola to Dharapani
- Best Season March to May and Mid- Sep to Mid - Dec
- Trip Area Manaslu Region
- Maximum Altitude 3700m.|12136ft.
- Explore the beauty of the Himalayan blend of nature and cultural heritage
- Witness the blossoming beauty of Hiuchuli, Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, and many others.
- Meet the locals and learn about the lifestyle of the people closely.
- Enjoy the unique experience of natural beauty and undisrupted Tibetan culture.
- Awaken to the sight of the Ganesh Himal range
Tsum Valley is among the most unique and naturally gifted that offers visitors a chance to explore and learn almost isolated social life under the shadow of the Himalayan Region of Western Nepal in Gorkha District. The valley was disturbed during the serial earthquakes of 2015 A.D. but made a magnificent comeback with the necessary infrastructures to host the trekkers and visitors. This place can be the best place for serene peace seekers, very far from the busy and hassled life of the city. The rich heritage and serene landscape of Tsum Valley add more value to the peace and tranquillity it offers.
“Tsum” originated from the Tibetan Language, meaning vivid, just like the landscape nestled beneath the Ganesh Himal, Sringi Himal, and Buddha Himal range. Tsum Valley perfectly matches the experience for peace seekers of the unmatchable natural beauty and its cultural significance.
The Tsum Valley has been a home for Buddhist monasteries, chariots, and distinctive customs for centuries, remaining untouched by external invasions and preserving the uniqueness of its Buddhist culture. Inhabited by the Tsumbas, the valley seamlessly intertwines the rich history of Tibetan culture with the tranquil and captivating beauty of the Himalayas and the valley itself.
During the 13-day Tsum Valley Trek, we will go through the verdant hills of Nepal, transitioning from lush greenery to the breathtaking landscapes of the upper Himalayas. Our journey will lead us through rhododendron forests teeming with diverse wildlife, including the Himalayan Leopard and Danfe (Lophophorus), Nepal's national bird. Following the banks of the Budhi Gandaki River, we'll encounter a tranquil atmosphere before reaching Tsum. Along the way, the monasteries will offer a pleasant blend of cultural richness and natural beauty, creating a picturesque tapestry for the region.
Day to Day Details
Want to customize your trip? Share your holiday plans. Our travel experts create an awesome trip for a lifetime experience holiday.
- Meals on the treks (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner) and a cup of tea or coffee
- Fresh fruit each day seasonal available
- Available accommodations during the treks
- English-speaking Licensed trekking guide and his salary, food, equipment, and insurance included
- All applicable MCAP, TIMS, and MANASLU and TSUM Valley Restricted permits
- KTM to Machha Khola and Machha Khola to KTM or Pokhara bus service
- Sleeping bag if needed (It’s refundable)
- Nepal Nirvana Trails T-shirt, Trekking map, and Water purifications drop Complimentary
- First aid kit with Oximeter and other basic medications
- Farewell Dinner in a fine Restaurant
- Official expenses
- All local and government tax and vat.
- International flight tickets and Nepal entry visa
- Hotel and Food in Kathmandu
- Travel and health Insurance which cover emergency Rescues and evacuations
- During trekking time personal expenses, snacks, alcoholic beverages, coke, juice, water, WI-FI, etc.
- One porter between 2 trekkers is recommended : $250
- Private jeep KTM - Machha Khola $230, Machha Khola to KTM or PKR $230 (It costs extra per Jeep, One JEEP could share between 6 people maximum)
- Tips for treks guide(it is expected)
Add-Ons & Options
The package provides an affordable way for budget-conscious trekkers to explore the Manaslu Region. However, there is also the option to enhance your experience with add-ons to the package.
You have the option to include a porter in addition to your guide. The porter carries a load of up to 20 kilograms. You can share the heavier belongings with the porter, allowing you to trek more comfortably and with the guidance of your trekking guide.
- One Porter Costs: USD 250
We offer local bus transportation between Kathmandu and Machha Khola with the package.
Alternatively, you can opt for private transportation for an additional fee, which covers the journey from Kathmandu to Machha Khola and the return trip from Machha Khola to Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu to Machha Khola / Machha Khola to Kathmandu - One-way Costs: USD 230
- Kathmandu to Machha Khola to Kathmandu - Two-way Costs: USD 460