Champadevi HikingWalk through the lush forests
Know before you go
- Duration 1 Days
- Difficulty Level Easy
- Trip Start and End Hattiban resort to Hattiban resort
- Best Season Jan-May and Oct-Dec
- Trip Area Champadevi trail
- Maximum Altitude 2285m.|7497ft.
- Visit the eminent Champadevi Temple
- Panoramic views of mountain ranges
- Walk through the lush green forest
- Stunning view of Kathmandu Valley
- Pilgrimage tour with a touch of natural beauty
Want to outlook the nature from the Hills of Kathmandu Valley?
Champa Devi hiking lets you walk to the lustrous jungle far from the hustle and bustle of Kathmandu Valley and experience the scenic views of the hills and the mountain ranges.
Champadevi Hill is the third tallest hill near Kathmandu Valley. Champadevi's height is 2285m/7497ft, situated in the southwest rim of the Kathmandu Valley. You will get to hike in the rolling woods of the lush green forest. Champadevi hiking is a pilgrimage tour with a touch of natural beauty.
The hike commences from the north of Pharping, Hattiban resort. We reach Pharping by one hour drive from Thamel. During ascend of the trail, we can view the colorful Buddhist prayer flags. We move ahead toward Champadevi Temple through the dense pine forest. Hike for around three hours you can visit the eminent Champadevi Temple. Champadevi is a sacred temple where a religious place takes place in April.
The Champadevi hiking lets you explore the stunning view of Kathmandu Valley from the vantage point along with the majestic mountain ranges.
Best Season to Champadevi Hike
Walk to nature admiring its beauty is never enough. Escaping from the busy life of Kathmandu and hiking around the hills is possible in any season. The precise or best season for Champadevi hiking is January-May and October-December.
Day to Day Details
Expand AllCollapse All
After breakfast, we head towards the Pharping Bhanjhyang by private transport (1-hour drive from Thamel) from where our hike commences from the Hattiban resort. We encounter the stone-paved pathways, lush forest, vantage points of Champadevi Temple and return the same way.
Want to customize your trip? Share your holiday plans. Our travel experts create an awesome trip for a lifetime experience holiday.
- Park entrance fee
- Private vehicle from hotel and back to the hotel
Hiking is a popular activity in the hills of Kathmandu. During weekends there are lots of crowds in the Champadevi Chandragiri hiking route. We have prepared some information you need to know before your hike.
- We recommend a professional guide as the hike leads through the dense forest.
- There are no tea houses en-route, so make sure you have enough water and snacks.
- Champadevi hiking is easy hiking, hike feeling free and enjoying nature.