Nepal is deeply rooted in Hinduism. From 1000-year-old temples to vibrant customs, festivals, and culture, the diversity is immense. Our Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour 8-day package explores some of the significant temples and historical sites. The tour starts from Kathmandu and takes you to Manakamana, Gorkha Bazaar, Bandipur, and Pokhara. All these cities and towns have significant Hindu temples and history.
For those seeking the most profound spiritual encounters in the shortest time, our Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour package stands as the ideal choice. This short tour is easy and can be done by people of all ages. The tour includes comfortable and scenic overland travel between the sites. The Hindu pilgrimage tour in Nepal is tailored for individuals and families looking to explore the influence of Hinduism in Nepal.
From the Sanga Kailashnath-Mahadev Statue, located on the outskirts of Kathmandu to ancient Pashupatinath and Swayambhunath temples, the Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour is a spiritual odyssey. Take blessings at the Manakamana temple and visit the Tallo Durbar and Gorakhnath Baba Cave in Gorkha Bazaar. In Bandipur, you will relax and unwind, exploring traditional villages and well-preserved architecture.
Finally, Pokhara ends the Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour with visits to caves, lakes, temples, and viewpoints. Not every monument you will visit on the Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour will be a pilgrimage site, but they will have huge religious importance to the locals. Each temple and shrine you will come across on this tour narrates a unique story. Immerse yourself in the history, architecture, art, and beliefs of the Nepalese people towards Hinduism.
This is one of the best Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour packages for 2024 and 2025. You can make our Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour more culturally enriching by combining a visit to Muktinath temple or Gosaikunda Lake. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +977 9841380469. Our team will help you plan the perfect Hindu pilgrimage tour in Nepal as per your requirements.
Likewise, we highly recommend combining a one-hour Everest Experience Flight in the itinerary. The Himalayas have a deep connection with Hinduism, and this short flight will let you witness some of the greatest Himalayan mountains, including Everest, making the journey truly unforgettable and emotional. We provide the finest Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour cost and no hidden charges.
Join us on our Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour from Kathmandu and dive deep into the profound Hindu heritage of Nepal. Meet with kind locals and enjoy their hospitality as you traverse from one temple to another!
What places will we visit during our Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour for 8 days?
- Sanga Kailashnath-Mahadev Statue: In Kathmandu, you will visit the Sanga Kailashnath-Mahadev Statue, which stands 143 feet (43.5 meters) tall. It serves as a pilgrimage site and a source of spiritual inspiration for many, offering breathtaking mountain views in the surroundings.
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square: Bhaktapur Durbar Square is renowned for its rich history and stunning architecture. The square features palaces, temples, and courtyards that date back to the medieval Malla dynasty. You will explore the 55-Window Palace, the Nyatapola Temple, and the intricately carved Peacock Window.
- Pashupatinath Temple: Pashupatinath Temple is one of the most sacred Hindu temples in Nepal. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, it holds immense religious significance and draws pilgrims from around the world. The temple's architecture and rituals date back centuries. In the back side of the temple runs the holy Bagamti river. It serves as a hub for Hindu cremation ceremonies.
- Swayambhunath Temple: Swayambhunath is widely known as the Monkey Temple. It is another iconic religious site located atop a hill west of Kathmandu Valley. The stupa and its surrounding shrines are believed to date back over 2,000 years.
- Kathmandu Durbar Square: Kathmandu Durbar Square offers a rich history and culture, dating back to the Malla period. The square is adorned with ancient palaces, temples, and courtyards, showcasing exquisite Newar architecture. The Kumari Ghar, or Living Goddess Temple, is a notable attraction here.
- Boudhnath Stupa: Boudhnath Stupa is one of the most important Tibetan Buddhist stupas outside Tibet. The stupa dates back to the 14th century. Devotees circumambulate the stupa in a clockwise direction while spinning prayer wheels and chanting mantras. The surrounding area is filled with monasteries, shops selling Tibetan artifacts, and a tranquil atmosphere.
The Manakamana temple is dedicated to the Goddess Manakamana, believed to be an incarnation of the Goddess Bhagwati. The temple holds a significant place in Nepali culture and is particularly important for pilgrims seeking blessings and divine intervention in their lives.
Legend has it that the temple's establishment dates back to the 17th century when the Goddess Manakamana appeared in a dream, guiding a farmer to discover her idol on the hill where the temple now stands.
Gorkha Bazaar is the birthplace of King Prithvi Narayan Shah, the father of Nepal. The town holds immense cultural significance as it serves as a tribute to the legacy of this great king. Here, you will visit Tallo Durbar, also known as the Lower Palace. It is part of the Gorkha Durbar complex, where the Shah dynasty ruled Nepal. The palace showcases traditional Newar architecture, featuring intricately carved wooden windows, doors, and pillars.
Likewise, you will visit the Gorakhnath Baba Cave. Gorakhnath Baba was a revered saint who is believed to have been his meditation site. He is a respected figure in the Nath tradition of yogis and ascetics. Many pilgrims come to pay their respects and seek blessings here as well.
Bandipur is a famous tourist destination in Nepal. Various ethnic groups, including the Newars, Gurungs, and Magars. The town is known for its traditional festivals, vibrant culture, and warm hospitality. The well-preserved architecture, traditional houses, and serene environment make Bandipur a great destination to relax and unwind.
You will visit the following places in Pokhara:
- Phewa Lake: Phewa Lake is the second-largest lake in Nepal. The lake is surrounded by lush green hills and the majestic Annapurna Range, making it a popular destination for boating and fishing.
- Lakeside Market: The Lakeside Market in Pokhara is like a tourist hub in the city. It offers a wide range of restaurants, cafes, shops, and accommodations catering to travelers. The market is a meeting point for people from various backgrounds, fostering cultural interactions and exchange.
- Sarangkot: Sarangkot is a picturesque hill station and viewpoint situated just outside Pokhara. It is renowned for its panoramic views of the Annapurna (8,091 m/26,545 ft) and Dhaulagiri (8,167 m/26,795 ft) mountain ranges, as well as the beautiful sunrise and sunset vistas.
- Davis Falls: Davis Falls is a beautiful waterfall. Its name is taken from an incident involving a Swiss tourist named Davis, who was swept away by the underground current. The falls plunge into an underground cave and re-emerge, creating a mesmerizing spectacle.
- Bat Cave and Gupteshwor Cave: The Bat Cave and Gupteshwor Cave are two interconnected limestone caves in Pokhara. Gupteshwor Cave is dedicated to Lord Shiva and features a sacred stalagmite formation. The Bat Cave, as the name suggests, is inhabited by numerous bats.
- Begnas Lake: Begnas Lake is surrounded by lush forests and offers a peaceful environment for boating and relaxation. The lake is less crowded than Phewa Lake, making it an ideal spot for those seeking tranquility and natural beauty.
- World Peace Pagoda: The World Peace Pagoda (Shanti Stupa) is a symbol of peace. It is a popular landmark in Pokhara. The pagoda was built by Japanese Buddhists as a monument to promote world peace. The pagoda offers panoramic views of the Pokhara Valley and the Annapurna Range.
Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour 8 days itinerary
The Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour begins with your arrival in Kathmandu. You will meet with the team of Nepal Nirvana Trails on the day you arrive in Kathmandu. From the second day, the tour begins with a visit to sacred Hindu temples. You will drive to the Sanga Kailashnath-Mahadev Statue. From here, you will visit the Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple, and Swayambhunath Temple.
You will also visit the Kathmandu Durbar Square, Boudhnath Stupa, and Patan Durbar Square in Kathmandu. From Kathmandu, we will drive to Kurintar and use a cable car to ascend to a hilltop where the sacred Manakamana temple is situated. After the darshan, we will take a short drive to Gorkha Bazaar, which is around 124 km west of Kathmandu.
In Gorkha Bazaar, you will visit the birthplace of King Prithvi Narayan Shah who unified Nepal. Born in the Gorkha Kingdom, he ascended to the throne in 1743 and embarked on a mission to unify the fragmented and warring kingdoms of Nepal into a single, powerful nation. You will also explore Gorka Bazaar, Tallo Durbar, and Gorakhnath Baba cave here.
After exploring these places in Gorkha Bazaar, drive to Bandipur to spend the night. Bandipur is a Neari town. Epic Himalayan mountain views, traditional village architecture, serene surroundings, and the warm hospitality of the locals will make your time pleasant in Bandipur. Drive to Pokhara on the fifth day and spend the evening enjoying the tranquility of Phewa Lake and the bustle of Lakeside Market.
The following morning will be quite incredible as you will drive to Sarangkot to witness a beautiful sunrise. Not only that, but you will also get to witness a breathtaking panorama of the western Himalayan mountains. In Pokhara, explore caves, lakes, and museums. On the seventh day of your tour in Nepal, you will drive back to Kathmandu, following a well-made scenic highway.
Other pilgrimage and holiday tour packages in Nepal
We also have a special Nepal Buddhist pilgrimage tour package. Likewise, you can tailor your Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour itinerary and combine destinations like Muktinath temple and sacred Gosaikunda lake.
These are some of our other famous tour packages in Nepa, perfect for all ages of travelers - Kathmandu Chitwan Pokhara Tour, Glimpse of Nepal, Nepal Adventure Tour Package, Chisapani Nagarkot Hike, and UNESCO World Heritage Sites Tour.
What makes Nepal Nirvana Trails the best travel company for the Hindu pilgrimage tour in Nepal?
We, Nepal Nirvana Trails, stand out as an exclusive travel company for your Hindu pilgrimage tour in Nepal for several compelling reasons. Firstly, our team comprises passionate Nepalese individuals deeply connected to their cultural roots, boasting over a decade of experience in organizing tours and treks across Nepal. This profound local knowledge and cultural association guarantee an immersive and authentic pilgrimage experience.
We excel in facilitating all tour logistics, ensuring your journey is hassle-free and enjoyable. Despite our commitment to quality, our Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour cost remains affordable, making the spiritual journey accessible to all. Our team's expertise, dedication, and unwavering commitment ensure that your pilgrimage tour is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
During your tour, you'll have the privilege of being accompanied by our friendly and knowledgeable tour guide, well-versed in the historical and cultural nuances of Hinduism in Nepal. We make all necessary reservations in advance, guaranteeing a seamless and worry-free pilgrimage. There are no hidden costs during your journey.
Lastly, our commitment to your peace of mind extends beyond the tour itself. With our round-the-clock, 24/7 support, you can embark on your Nepal Hindu pilgrimage tour for 8 days with confidence with us!